Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Why you always lying

The Internet is a Lie

People are gullible. They will believe anything you say, even if it does not seem true. Especially when it comes to the Internet, people will trust anything someone else posts or says. During the hype for the US lottery worth 1.3 billion dollars, a person posted an image about how the money could be split up to every citizen in the US to end poverty. The problem is; he didn't do his math right. So instead of $4.39 each person, he calculated it as $4.39 million dollars each. That does not seem right at all. People believed him, even thought it was off by 6 digits.

Advertisements, shows, documentaries; everything people say, people will believe them. Unless the person is a scientist or has a Ph.D, I won't believe anything. In full honesty, when I first saw the equation and the answer, I was surprised as to why every person got millions, even though there's 300 million people in the USA. The answer did not seem right; it was missing too many digits. Thats when I found out the person did his math wrong and I did not believe it anymore.

The problem with our world is that with the Internet, people have come to believe things too quickly. If an advertisement says that *blank* lotion gets rid of wrinkled skin, people will believe it! People can be tricked so easily, so oblivious to lies in the Internet.

The Internet is a lie.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan! I agree with you, but not entirely. Yes there are many not true things on the internet, but not everything! There are websites such as cbc and globe and mail where they are reliable resources especially when it comes to research. And because there are a lot of fake things on the internet, we learn how to choose and find the real information. You just have to be super cautious about what you choose to believe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally speaking, I believe mainly everything I read on the internet even though I know most of it is true. However, I know that everything comes from somewhere so I don't know if I'd necessarily say "The internet is a lie" but other than that, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally speaking, I believe mainly everything I read on the internet even though I know most of it is true. However, I know that everything comes from somewhere so I don't know if I'd necessarily say "The internet is a lie" but other than that, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, Ryan. People are very gullible and they do believe anything that they see in the internet. However, not every information in the internet is a lie. There are a few dependable people online that put real information. Besides that, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I partially disagree on your view point, because it seems to heavily disapprove of how the internet can be used. I feel that the internet isn't so false to be called a lie in total, and that it can be relied on when used correctly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I partially disagree on your view point, because it seems to heavily disapprove of how the internet can be used. I feel that the internet isn't so false to be called a lie in total, and that it can be relied on when used correctly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ryan, I do agree with what you said. Based on what I read on the Internet, most of the posts are LIES! People these days are so "Manipulative", meaning they believe to EVERYTHING that people say on the Internet. This type of trait that people on the internet upsets me because I think that these posts are very obviously fake like the powerball post. Therefore, people get tricked very easily on the internet.

    ReplyDelete